lapsus linguae

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Drenched!

Like most things I have never tried, I think photographing in the rain, wrapped in a rain coat and muddy shoes, would be fun. These days, it rains in sudden surprise spurts, like a stranger's smile, at once warm and suspicious. I wish I had a camera to frame and freeze, to capture the hiss and the kiss of smoky skies - dusty drizzle, a cart pile of wet shining tomatoes in the traffic signal - the vendor looking up at the skies and holding out his palm to feel the prick of needle-rain, abandoned yellow cabs in a neat line bouncing rain off the roofs, puddle patterns, windshield wiped world, close-up of the wizened beggar receiving noisy rain-alms in the aluminium bowl, and teenage girls with hands over their heads, looking around embarrased, as though that would prevent them from the sudden drench. Feeling like a wet crow, after the rains have fallen, would be totally worth it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Here said...

Having seen your blog on the list of those recently actualised, the name caught my eye - who would thought that such Latin expression was used in India? :) . I'm happy I visited your blog, I enjoyed it very much, speacially this post, it really takes us to those rainy winter days (out here is hot and sunny ;) )

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home