Mirror
... Was there a second of time I looked around?
Did I sail through or drop my anchor down?
Was anything enough to kiss the ground
And say I'm here now?
And she is here now...
I have been living a cliche. If you call it living at all... My life has been one hazy blur of forgotten promises and dreams unlived.
There have been few moments when my heart stopped and I gulped in air like a drowning man - taking in everything - every moment to its fullest - as though to do otherwise was to die! The sum total of such moments was a feeling of incredible awe. I have no idea what was so awe-inspiring. I did not want to question. I just wanted to breathe... and live.
These moments have been exceedingly rare and left me with a profound sense of dissatisfaction. I wanted to express what I felt, to shout for joy and to share it with someone. And this is when I started drowning again. My life has been a struggle - one moment to another - fighting for a single breath - to live and to reach.
And yet those brief moments are what life is worth living for. Sunrise and fingers entwined. What makes it beautiful? The sunrise or the fingers? Is it really important to dichotomize? But I have to communicate this awe that I feel this moment. I just have to share it and yet I cannot express it.
Can you see it in my eyes? Can you see the light that has just entered me? Are you sure?
And a voice from nowhere says, "See for yourself!"
... Am I looking at a mirror?...
... By the time I recognize this moment
This moment will be gone
But I will bend the light pretending
That it somehow lingered on...
Did I sail through or drop my anchor down?
Was anything enough to kiss the ground
And say I'm here now?
And she is here now...
I have been living a cliche. If you call it living at all... My life has been one hazy blur of forgotten promises and dreams unlived.
There have been few moments when my heart stopped and I gulped in air like a drowning man - taking in everything - every moment to its fullest - as though to do otherwise was to die! The sum total of such moments was a feeling of incredible awe. I have no idea what was so awe-inspiring. I did not want to question. I just wanted to breathe... and live.
These moments have been exceedingly rare and left me with a profound sense of dissatisfaction. I wanted to express what I felt, to shout for joy and to share it with someone. And this is when I started drowning again. My life has been a struggle - one moment to another - fighting for a single breath - to live and to reach.
And yet those brief moments are what life is worth living for. Sunrise and fingers entwined. What makes it beautiful? The sunrise or the fingers? Is it really important to dichotomize? But I have to communicate this awe that I feel this moment. I just have to share it and yet I cannot express it.
Can you see it in my eyes? Can you see the light that has just entered me? Are you sure?
And a voice from nowhere says, "See for yourself!"
... Am I looking at a mirror?...
... By the time I recognize this moment
This moment will be gone
But I will bend the light pretending
That it somehow lingered on...
3 Comments:
Nice! Really nice! Liked the post on the post-Taliban Afghanisthan woman. And the MS-lighting-the-lamp photo. :) Keep it going!
The Jack ;)
Jack, Thank you :)
Dick, you are right and yet it was an outburst of a yearning to share.
Awesome... your first piece I could relate all the way from your beginnings.
Good going, Meera.
Post a Comment
<< Home